CIF Sac-Joaquin Section

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/16/2016 12:09 PM  #1

Experienced Girls Basketball Coach Looking for CA Job

I apologize if I'm breaking board etiquette by posting a "job wanted" thread. Feel free to delete if so.

I am an experienced girls basketball coach who is looking for a job in California for 2016-17. I have served as everything from a middle school to freshman to varsity assistant to varsity head coach during my career and I have had success at each level. The middle school players I developed went on the win a varsity state championship in Florida. Several of the freshmen I coached went on to win a varsity state championship in Georgia. I also won region and state championships as a varsity assistant coach in Georgia's largest classification. Our program was ranked in the top 25 in the country for four consecutive years and won three state championships during that period.

I also served as a head varsity coach in Georgia, where I led the team to its first ever top 10 ranking in the state (No. 6) and helped secure the first D1 scholarships for girls basketball in the history of the school. I have coached everything from those who can't dribble and chew gum at the same time to a national player of the year, so I believe I can walk into just about any situation and offer something of value.

I am also a teacher (certified in nearly everything, but my experience has been science -- Bio/Phys -- and special education. I have recently taught a little bit of PE, which is nice, but I'm not holding my breath for a PE position, considering I am certified in science, special education, social studies and English. I would need a teaching position in order to relocate, but I am flexible on what a teach and where I moved to, so I am hoping that opens at least one or two doors.

If you have something that may be a fit for me, please send me a PM, and I will reply with my resume/references/etc.

Board footera